Monday, May 22, 2006

You're Too Loud, Brother

Yesterday morning we had to sing in Lynchburg, Va. It's about an hour and a half drive, so we had to get up pretty early to get there in time to do sound checks and all. (Fortunately my brother had set up all the equipment the night before saving us from getting up even earlier) Anyway, we had a pretty good service, but we were all a bit tired on the way home.
My niece, Raegan, who has it made because she's two years old and can sleep anywhere, fell asleep on the way home. Seriously, she was out in like 5 seconds. She slept until we got off on the exit to Ruffin which is maybe 5 minutes from my house, if that.
What woke her up? My nephew, Trace. See, he had been sleeping the entire way home too. But he suddenly woke up and realized he was a bit cold and that he was tired of his car seat. So he started to scream.
This screaming woke up Raegan, and she told my friend Melissa to do something about it. Actually she said, "Melissa, Melissa, brother's crying. Give him his passy. Give him his passy. Give him his passy." in a very panicked voice.
Melissa informed Raegan that she couldn't reach the passy, and that we were almost home so Trace would be alright. This didn't appease Raegan. She proceeded to tell Trace that he was "too loud."
Seriously, my 2 year old niece covered her ears and looked at her screaming 9 month old brother and said, "You're too loud, Brother."
This of course didn't stop the screaming. So we heard the screams of a 9 month old and the admonitions of a 2 year old for the remainder of the trip. Good thing they didn't wake up until we were almost home!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Too funny! It is a very good thing they didn't wake up earlier!!

Anonymous said...

Oh...you sing? COOL beans!

I just found your blog...if you stop by mine anytime soon...you'll see my kids in the adventure of planting their very first vegetable garden!!! LOL
Hope that you can find the time to come by my blog site and please post a comment when you do...I like for those who visit my site to let me know they've been there :) (you will need to 1. register (FREE), on the right side of my site before you post...this is just to make your visits more personalized, etc. and then 2. click "Leave Your Comments" back at the regular part of my site on any comments that interests you, and then 3. "Post Reply" once the comments page comes up and type your comment).

I'll try to visit your site regularly and hope that you visit mine as well! :) God Bless! :)

Akron Upholstery said...

Hi greaat reading your post