Monday, May 15, 2006

Take a Little Walk (In Your Sleep!)

I don't know what it is, but I have an overwhelming amount of excitement today. Well, I guess I kind of know. I had a really awesome weekend. (See my other blog for more on that.)
Anyway, Monday mornings usually drag for me. I am human after all, but this morning I'm just happy and excited. So I wanted to share some funny stories with you to hopefully brighten your day as well. These are some stories that were shared at dinner last night at Ham's about sleepwalking.
The first was about my dad. When he was little he used to sleepwalk all the time. He once made up their kitchen table as his bed. That's where my grandma found him in the morning.
Then there was the night my grandma heard a thump, thump, thump. She went into my dad's room to find him sitting on the top bunk yo-yoing in his sleep.
The next was about my friend Melissa's brother Bradley. He used to wake up and walk into Melissa's room when he was a little boy and stand beside her bed thinking he was in his mom's room. He scared her more than once.
The last and the funniest was told about one of my friends, who will remain nameless because it was an embarrassing story. He peed down the steps in their house while sleepwalking because he thought he was in the bathroom!
I hope you had a little laugh today! If you have any sleepwalking stories, please share them!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

When my oldest daughter was young it was an adventure to see where she would be sleeping come morning time. One morning she was standing up with her head laying on her pillow on a chair in the livingroom. Another morning she was between the sofa and the wall. She had crawled back there again with her pillow. She would get up at night and take her pillow and find somewhere to sleep but never wake up or know she was doing this. We had lots of laughs but I made sure the doors were deadbolted