Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Wednesday's Word

As I said last week, I'm going to use Wednesday to talk about one specific word. Today's word is "forgot"

Actual Meaning - To leave behind UNINTENTIONALLY.

Mom's Meaning - The purposeful ignoring of her wishes by her children.

Okay, today I'm talking about one of mom's pet-peeves. She hates the phrase, "I forgot." What she doesn't understand is that we were born forgetful. Our grandpa is forgetful. Our grandma on the other side is forgetful. She understands them.
I mean sure we can remember things we think are important, but how important is feeding a noisy bird? I mean really. (Don't worry, the bird is fine!)
I guess I should try harder to remember, but when I'm off having fun it can be so hard!
Here's my training for today: Don't forget, don't forget, don't forget.
Okay, now I remember not to forget. I just can't remember what it was I was trying not to forget!
Sorry, Mom!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i've got a five yr old who can deliver that SAME little speech. and it's SO needed!