Thursday, April 06, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Funny Things About My Brother
1. He can never sit still (I mean never. Even when he's in a chair, he's drumming on the arm or playing the piano in the air. I seriously believe this is why God called him to preach, if he wasn't going to sit still in church, God was going to use his constant moving for His glory.)
2. He spends more time getting ready than anyone else in our family. (It's not really his fault. He has been "blessed" with a cow-lick, so his hair takes a bit more taming)
3. He can make me laugh even when I'm so mad at him I want to cry. (This can be somewhat annoying but it's very endearing!)
4. He looks like me. (At least that's what everyone tells me, we both look like our daddy!)
5. He broke a tooth once when he raced across the entire house to try to be able to jump high enough to slap the highest door-jam in our house. He missed and hit the dresser. Mom wasn't too happy about this one.
6. He doesn't have a good running history with pets (he accidentally threw a kitten in the fire once, it was sitting on a small log, fortunately my dad was there to save it! He also locked a dog in our garage once, where our wood stove was and there was a lot of smoke. The dog got emphyzema and died, but the dog had a habit of hiding under stuff, so we think he had hidden under something. There are many more. None of which are really Ben's fault, but trust keep your animals clear of him!)
7. He can play any instrument he wants. (Piano, drums, guitar, even the clarinet in high school band, seriously this makes me sick because I can't play the radio without fuzz!)
8. He is addicted to diet Coke. (This is gross to me. Diet Coke is the worst drink in the world!!)
9. He is a great preacher. (He can even keep the attention of young kids, and he is very faithful to study the Bible to see what God has for him)
10. He has funk toes (really its just ingrown toe-nails, but he says that I have some funk disease because apparently I'm falling apart, which I didn't realize, but he did, I guess he's a doctor or something! Anyway, I had to say that I'm not the only one with "the funk"!)
11. The only movie that he has ever sat through completely that I like is "The Lord of the Rings" The only other movies he'll sit through are those with no plot at all (for example: "The Sponge Bob Movie")
12. He will always be my little brother, no matter how much taller than me he gets
13. And last but not least, he's one of my best friends (I'll tell you about my other one, my sister, next week!)

Links to other Thursday Thirteens! Leave you link in the comments, and I'll add you here!
Sheri
Jill
Kel
Jane
greenr
Eph2810
Faith
Cat Lady
Mom Nancy
Kelly
Shalee
Carmen
Emily
Melanie
Lauren
Yellowrose
Pink Chihuahua Princess
Titanium






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



20 comments:

Anonymous said...

He threw a kitten in the fire?! OH totally not funny, but why can't I stop laughing!

my 13 are up: http://mikeandsheri4.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAA! Poor kitten!!!! (I don't know if I'd react like that if I didn't have a cat.)

I agree with you on the Diet Coke thing. Well, Coke in general - I mean, I used to like it, but not anymore; there's a funny story as to why.

Aww, you didn't like Spongebob? ;) Don't hate me - I liked that movie.

Kel said...

he sounds like a wonderful man.

Jane said...

Well, he sounds like a real peach!
Brothers are wonderful and I really miss mine.

My list is up.

Anonymous said...

Ouch. Self inflicted broken teeth are no fun. I have one of those. Dentist did a good job fixing it.

My TT is up at greenr, which focuses on making energy, community, and personal life greener and better for both us and the planet we all share.

Anonymous said...

Oh - what a wonderful tribute to your brother. Thanks for sharing. I like you comment about him being a preacher because he couldn't sit still in church. God is amazing, isn't He :)
My T13 is on My Lighter Side.

Colleen Pidge said...

Poor kitty... It is good you and your brother are so close.

Just Nancy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Great list. You have a very cool brother. I'll have to do mine sometime! You've inspired me.

Kelly said...

He sounds like my brother.....

Shalee said...

What a fabulous relationship you have with your brother! I am SO jealous!

My TT are up.

Anonymous said...

wonderful list! My list is up!

Carmen said...

Sounds like you've got a cool brother, I'll look forward to your 13 on your sister.

My list
http://carmenhasgonetoplaid.blogspot.com/

Emily said...

what a great list! the pets part was sad, but all in all it was a sweet tribute. thanks for sharing with us. :) my 13 are up, as well.

Anonymous said...

Nice list about your brother, but I beg to differ on the whole diet coke bashing. :)

Thanks for stopping by my TT

YellowRose said...

What a great 13!! Sounds like a wonderful bro!

My 13 is up!

Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

I think its funny you wrote about chipping a tooth. I've always been a little uneasy about doing that by accident some day. I just have visions of it hurting so badly that I wouldn't be able to stand it.

Hope your dad's continuing to get better. Thanks for stopping by my TT.

Happy Thursday!

Natalie said...

Great list! :) I don't have any brothers.

Krisco said...

Very sweet.

Kimmy said...

My brother takes forever to get ready, too. I was always ready 30 minutes before him. And he doesn't have a cowlick!

Happy T13!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, i am scared for the animals in his hometown!! Poor kitten!!