Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Do I Look Like I Want to Wear a Moo-Moo?

My rant today is about moo-moos, or rather the fact that I don't want to have to wear them! I'm 23 years old, and I admit I'm on the fluffy side. It's not something I'm proud of, and I'm working on changing it. However, in the middle stage. The stage where I'm still bigger than I prefer to be. I'd like to have the option to wear clothes that don't resemble a 90 year old woman's!

I mean you see the cutest clothes in the "Misses" section. The same shirt will come in 20 different colors. And they of course come with coordinating bottoms (pants/capris/shorts). They are so cute.

Then you get to the side of the store for "Womens" (Which by the way, this name seems a bit strange to me. Aren't we all women?) The same shirt may be there, but it comes only in a huge floral or paisley print. Of course the matching bottom (which is usually a granny type skirt) is printed in the same hideous floral or paisley print.

Now some of you out there may be very fond of going around looking like a garden. Or perhaps you have a paisley fetish. However this 20-something girl is not loving those fashion statements.

Unfortunately a huge percent of the US is now overweight. Lots of these overweight people are young. So why the gross fashions?

I'm not saying I want short-shorts (people would scream when I exited my home!) But a cute pair of capris would be nice!

Those are my thoughts on the matter anyway!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Preach it. Yeah, that's no fun. Things are getting better I think though. Enough people complaining tends to make a difference.

Anonymous said...

I gotta say, Kelly, that was funny! But I think you're adorable. You'll still be adorable when you're smaller, just less of you. Keep at it, kiddo! I've been going to Curves for 2 years, lost 26" and 20 pounds! SO if an old lady like me can do it, so can you.

Storyteller said...

I hear you! What irks me is trying on a pair of size 10 or 12 pants and not having a tummy to fill out the top, the crotch hangs down to my knees!
e

Corina Bowen said...

You know.... there was a time I LOVED to go buy clothes.. try them on, look at the magazines and say "that is so for me"... Its been a while................. a LONG while!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it! I read this post this morning, giggled, and totally DID not even realize it was your when I saw it on Everyday Hogwash! Good luck, girl!
PS My grandmother wore moo moos!

Anonymous said...

On the flip side, I couldn't count how many times I've tried to walk into plus-size stores because I liked the non-naked look of the models in the window, but the appropriately modest clothing didn't come in my size. I'm stuck with "near-midriff" or "how low can you go" clothing stores.

Anonymous said...

Heather, I love your humor and good attitude. Great title, too!
Reni

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I'm the winner from week two!

Great post! SO Glad you won!

It sure is a great feeling isn't it?

Good luck in the finals.

Gayla
The Pop Tart Chick