Friday, July 14, 2006

What's Good for the Chick Is Good for the Chicken...

Okay, let's get things straight first, I guess my niece would be the chick, and I'd be the chicken in this story! Anyway, my niece is potty training. She's pretty much completely potty trained only an occasional accident here and there.
The funny thing is that she apparently thinks we're all in training too. See, last night I took her to the potty, and she finished then she turned to me and said, "You need to go to the potty, Hedder." (that's what she calls me.)
I said, "No, I don't have to go to the potty right now."
She said, "Yes, go to potty."

Once again I said, "No, I don't have to."
She looked at me with a serious face and said, "You need to try."
I guess she figured that's what her mom always tells her. I laughed me head off at her because she was so serious. It took a bit of distracting to get her out of the bathroom and convinced that I indeed didn't have to go to the potty!
Two year olds are a riot!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's too funny! Every time I disappear to the potty someone becomes very irritated and has to come find me. Days of going potty alone have officially ended! :-) Oh, by the way...you were nominated at A Gracious Home for the Blogs of Beauty Awards under "Best Encourager For Singles." Congrats!!

Kristen said...

My two year old daughter is potty trained and insists every time she goes that I must go too. It must be a misery loves company kind of thing!

Tammy said...

That is SO cute! :) And yes...I'm with the comment aggiejenn made...solitude in the bathroom during toddler days is non-exisent. With my youngest at four, I'm just starting to get them back...sometimes.
Cute story! :)