Tuesday, January 09, 2007

She Lost Her Car Again

Don't you just love infomercials? Those great extremely long commercials that tell us about the great new products that have been invented?
I spent a lot of time watching TV over the last two weeks because I've been sick. And I spent a lot of time at my parent's house, so I watched a lot of TV with my dad. My dad HATES infomercials. Basically because most products out there really didn't require much brain power to invent and are pretty much pointless, but tons of people are willing to pay the obligatory $19.95 to have the "new, amazing" product rushed to their homes.
For example, there is a new product out there called "My Lil Reminder". This is simply a digital recorder that will record a short message to remind you about things you may forget. For example, on the commercial the lady can't remember where she parked her car, but the "Lil Reminder" changed her life by helping her remember that she parked in blue section, row 18.
This infomercial is particularly annoying, and everytime it came on dad would groan, "That old lady lost her car AGAIN." Made for a lot of laughs.
Are there any really annoying commercials that you hate?

2 comments:

JAM said...

I haven't seen one in a while, but the last one I actually watched, amazed at the how elaborate the stupidity was, was a little grinder thingy that a bunch of people sitting around in a kitchen were learning about.

The British host, why are so many infomercial hosts British, made smoothies, mixed drinks, amazing food products, and MORE!

That one was pretty lame.

However, I do like the regular commercials for similar products. The announcer talks at 90 to nothin' about the product. I'll tell my wife, "I'll bet that thing costs a million dollars, if not more."

Then they come back and say it's only $14.95. I freak out, "NO WAY!"

Then they throw in that I'm not getting just one for that price, but two! "I can't believe it!", I shout.

Hopefully, they'll have one of those, "But wait! There's more!" moments where they promise to throw in a spiral slicer or something.

I'm easily entertained though.

GiBee said...

Well ... I wonder if the "My Lil Reminder" will allow you to "set it and forget it..."

Sorry, I had to go there!